Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Big News! Riley is Walking!!!

I know it has been a long time since we have posted and a lot has happened. Let me start with Christmas. Riley's first Christmas was awesome. She was so excited to visit Mi Mi and Grandpa in Utah. She got to meet all her uncles and aunts and visit all her cousins. She even loved the cold weather! She made out like a bandit this Christmas. She got books and toys and clothes. The essentials! Mi Mi got her a kiss the cook apron so she can help mommy in the kitchen! It was too cute.
While we were in Utah we went to Temple Square with the family to look at the lights and it was freezing. Paul and I found her a snow suit that was too cute to pass up. We call it her marshmallow suit.

So as December ended and January started Paul and I made a huge decision. We were going to move to Utah. So after many many nights of prayer and fasting and pondering Paul turned in his notice and we made plans to head to Utah. Even though it was going to be a huge adjustment for me being away from my family I was ready and willing if it was what we were supposed to do. But before we left Texas there was one place we both knew we had to take Riley, The Bluebell Creameries. She loved it even more than her Daddy did! We had a blast and she sampled so many flavors and loved all of them.
.



We both got the answer of Yes and we are now living in Utah. We got here almost 2 weeks ago and so far things are going very well. A few days after we got here Riley decided that she needed to be a big girl and start walking. Paul and I were sitting in the living room and Paul says hey look at your daughter and she was just cruising across the room. She has been running ever since.
Sorry the quality is kind of dark. I haven't unpacked out video camera cord for the computer. So I had to use our digital camera. I hope you can see it.

So that is all that is going on with us so far!!!! It is a lot and we are adjusting but things are going well so far. Riley is keeping me busy and I think with Paul being home he is itching to get a job soon. He says Riley wears him out more than a job does. We will keep everyone updated on how things are going. Here are some random cute pics of Riley doing some funny stuff. She is always doing things that crack us up!
Here is Riley chilling with Daddy watching TV.
Riley loves her toy chest. I call it her rummage sale, she will sit for 45 minutes and rummage through it and empty it and then put everything back in! I walked in the living room the other day to find this. I guess it's just easier to get inside it! :)
Riley at dinner tonight learned that if she opens her mouth really wide she can fit more food in. Now when we say open wide, she sure does!

No comments: